2016年6月13日星期一

figure out some way to attach the sensor

Apple and Nike have teamed up to produce this ingenious little device that can make runners out of all people. Everyone wants to run, but very few people do -- including me. It's not without flaws, but Nike Plus does what it really should.
It makes you take.
I've tried to be a runner. Many times. But for some reason it's never really stuck with me. In other words, I've never really stuck with running. And it is not that I am not athletic either. I was raised playing nearly every sport there is - basketball, baseball, ice hockey, soccer, take your chaussure de foot mercurial pick... I really like sports. But I could never enter into running. For me personally, it's always the scoring which makes it fun. The truth that there is a winner along with a loser; the fact that I played better than Used to do yesterday; the fact that I scored 20 points this time around.

It isn't that the fun lies in the numbers, but rather within the feeling of accomplishment when you reach a quantitative goal. I never got that feeling when I went running. I could have always bought a pedometer I guess, however for some reason I simply never did.
Not until recently, that's. I saw a billboard for that Nike Plus Sports Kit, that is essentially an add-on for your iPod. It collects your running data from a tiny sensor that you simply devote your shoe. After your run, you connect your iPod for your computer, and also the data uploads to your account on the Nike Plus website. You will see graphs illustrating just how far you ran, or which part of your cost you were the quickest, or whenever you slowed down. You can observe your previous outings, and plan future runs as well. Should you input your long term goal (i.e. maybe you wish to eventually operate a marathon distance), Nike Plus will advise a running schedule that will slowly build in difficulty chaussure de foot pas cher until you reach that goal.

You also may also get feedback on your run as well, by pressing around the center button at any time. The machine will tell you (inside a man or woman voice, based on your choice) what lengths and just how long you've run so far. Upon completing your workout, Nike Plus might also tell you just how you've run a personal perfect for a particular distance. This really is among the features which makes the system addictive, because even though you run just for a mile you can still keep pushing yourself to beat your very best time for that distance. Whether your ultimate goal is speed or distance is up to you.

Now, the Nike Plus Sports kit costs $29, and that is only the shoe sensor and also the iPod receiver. Obviously you will have to own an iPod Nano or Touch to start with. There are more accessories you can purchase if you're really hardcore, such as the arm-band or even the Nike Plus compatible shoes, but these are not essential. I usually just hold my iPod in my hand as I run, with my thumb near the center button to ensure that I can trigger frequent updates as to how I'm doing. While I did buy the Nike Plus shoes, they are by no means a must. A regular set of sneakers are just as good should you determine a way to attach the sensor somewhere in your regular kicks. I suggest some kind of DIY vel-cro improvisation, or possibly cutting an opening inside a Dr. Scholls insert.
Sensor Life of the battery: The big drawback is the fact that when your sensor's battery dies, you have to purchase a brand new one. I hear that the average lifespan is around 1000 runs, which isn't everything bad. If you like the machine enough to obtain much use from it, you likely won't mind dishing out for any new sensor either.
Finalizing Workout Data Might be Easier: At the end of your run you have to press the Menu button and then scroll the clickwheel down to the finish Workout option. This can be tough if you are bent over and huffing and puffing in exhaustion, with virtually no control over your fingers! (Maybe I want more conditioning!) But seriously, there is nothing as frustrating as magista pas cher pushing your self on a long run, simply to lose your data by accidentally clicking the incorrect button upon your return. I believe Menu, then hold center button would be a better way to end your workout.
Despite these few drawbacks, the Nike Plus system very well could be among the best gadget purchases you may ever make. Software and games and computers are fine and dandy, but of course your health is something which should come prior to of these. I've had that sentiment in the back of my mind for the past couple of years, but rarely have I ever been moved to find a solution.
Although it hasn't turned me right into a marathon runner by any stretch of the imagination, the Nike Plus does flourish in getting me out for any run at least Three times per week. And that is definitely money wisely spent.

没有评论:

发表评论